Join CBSM participants, alumni, teachers, and other Catholics for a 12-week Mission Training Group. Grow together in prayer, holiness, and an awareness of God’s personal call to mission in your own life.
The next sessions will run from:
1) Spring 2024 (St. Clair Shores, day TBD)
2) Summer 2024
The 12-Week Mission Training Groups meet weekly, for approximately 90 minutes. Some groups will meet online in video-conference and others meet locally, in-person. The Mission Training Group uses the content and curriculum called ReachMore™ from The Evangelical Catholic. Here’s the topic/theme we’ll cover in each “Mission Training” lesson.
Participants in the training group discern living out their personal apostolate (their “mission”), for example:
- accompanying someone one-on-one to become a disciple or grow in discipleship
- starting small groups that meet in homes or public places (sometimes at parish or ministry facilities)
- leading a “table” as a facilitator and guide within a CBSM class
- leading a remote or in-person small group of a CBSM virtual class
- leading one-on-one (1:1) spiritual discussions with new Mission Training Group participants
The overarching goal of the Mission Training Group is to equip lay people drive a movement of evangelization as part of a growing community of lay missionary disciples. When a community of disciples, centered on Jesus, dives deeply into prayer, discipleship, community, and evangelization together, the Holy Spirit moves more freely, and lives are changed for the greater glory of God!
After completing a Mission Training Group, we meet for optional, quarterly online gatherings to continue being formed by God’s Word, pray for one another, and encourage one another in our personal missions. We call this “Mission Community.”
As Biblical School Director of Curriculum and Teacher, Cathryn Torgerson, shares:
Going through ReachMore helped me to more clearly connect God’s words in Scripture to the call of each person to help build the Kingdom. Sharing that journey with others was a delightful opportunity of growth and relationship building. It was inspiring to discover how God is working in individual lives, including my own.
Questions? Email Colleen Vermeulen.